Along with the other buildings of Gloucester Place, 93 Gloucester Place was laid out and constructed c.1810 during the Portman Estate development as substantial private residences with stables in the rear. The first available plan of the interior of the two adjacent townhouses dates to 1954, when the building was occupied by the Baptist Missionary Society and used as offices.
The elevation of the building is in yellow-brown brick laid in Flemish bond and is four storeys over a basement. At the basement, the principal facade is rendered and generally original in form. On the ground floor there is stock brick with channelled stucco. The facade is generally of rusticated design, with ashlar blocks over the brick. The main entrance to the building has stone steps leading to a classically-styled doorway with fanlights over.
Above, the elevations continue in brick, with each of the two townhouses having a set of three vertically proportioned windows below gauged brick flat headers. There is a stone balcony at first floor level across both buildings and further rows of three sash windows at both second and third floor levels.
The various period decorative features such as the roof lantern at the top of the central staircase, room layouts and circulatory spaces of the two townhouses are significant as heritage assets. As part of the most extensive and intact sequences of Georgian terraced houses in London, 93 Gloucester Place is an historic place to work.